Make Money During COVID-19
Now that we’re all under a lockdown, there are no more excuses. Lack of time is definitely out of question. So it’s about time we buckled up and maximized our earning capacities. There is no better time than now. Here are some easy ways you can make money online from home during this COID-19 crisis.
Ways You Can Make Money Online
We are all skilled. It could be anything under the sky. English, marketing, history, native languages, math, drawing, etc. You could even teach music and dance if that’s where your skill lies. All you need is good communication skills combined with access to good internet connectivity. Of course, you may have to upload documents to prove your proficiency as well. Classes can be held every day for a couple of hours, or it could also be done at different intervals, thus it is convenient too. Online Tutoring is a great way to get a job and money while in quarantine.
Transcriber is someone who converts audio into text. While a translator is one who converts one language to another. This is the perfect option for those bilingual or multilingual people out there. You just require a fairly good grasp of the concerned languages. Sometimes you may also require language certificates, for languages that aren’t native to you. If you are someone with less time on your hands, this is a good bet to earn some cash. You could just do the task while you are on your break from your daily job, or even in the evenings or weekends.
You May Read: Manage Finances During Covid-19 Crisis
If organizing is your thing, or if you have a flair for some book-keeping or customer service, you could work as a virtual assistant. A virtual assistant usually provides administrative assistance online. Research, data entry, answering calls and emails, tracking records, editing, tech support, and the list goes on. People need all kinds of administrative assistance today. There are several websites that allow you to sign up for these tasks for a certain fee on the basis of the experience and the number of tasks assigned. It might eat up some time off your calendar, so plan accordingly!
Some of us have no interest in any of the above-mentioned areas. But you might have a passion for art or design. Graphic design is an on-demand job at the moment. If you know your way around some design software, making money is very easy! Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are some tools commonly used by designers. You could also be an illustrator, and create digital sketches.
Freelancing websites offer a lot of options for you to choose from. You could also approach smaller companies with a pitch. The opportunities are aplenty, unlike popular opinion about art jobs!
Last but not the least, writing. If you’re an avid writer, content writing is the best way to go! Articles, blogs, news reports, emails, and whatnot. People required written content on every platform, including social media in the form of social media bio’s, captions, descriptions, etc. The scope is so wide today! If you have a good grasp of any language commonly used for communication, such as English, writing is the road you should venture on!
You May Read: Future of Real Estate after COVID-19
Apart from the options above, there are a few other ways to earn money sitting at home:
- Decluttering: Just head into a cleaning spree when you have the time. You will be surprised to find the number of things you own and do not use. Sell them on websites such as OLX or Quickr to make some quick cash.
- Online surveys: OpinionWorld, Swagbucks, etc. are some of the websites you can visit if you are looking for small returns with no effort. Just participate in their surveys and activities when you have free time, and earn money in return!
- Micro-investing: Investing often sounds like a lot of work, which is why you should opt for micro-investing. You can invest minimal amounts regularly to earn small and consistent returns. It is a real simple method of investing and is accessible to anyone. There are several platforms out there that facilitate micro-investing. To get started check out RoundUps, which enables you to convert your spare change after every expense into investments!
How to Fund the Right Side Hustle?
There is a quick process you can follow to decide the best side gig for you:
Step 1: Determine the reason
Figure out why you need a side hustle. Usually, there are two answers – to make some extra money, or to follow your passion. This is an important question to answer to give yourself some direction when you begin research.
Step 2: List your talents, skills and experience
Next, make a list of the things you can do. It could be anything. Dance, play an instrument, speak French, Hindi, etc, or you could be good with numbers. Once you make this list, make another one with the skills you have experience or qualification for. The skills which are supported by qualification are your ideal options. Many people expect some proof of the skill you claim to have. However, sometimes this may not be a requirement.
Step 3: Figure out what you will enjoy
Now that you have zeroed down to a few options from the list, you need to now determine which of the skills you will possibly enjoy doing as a job. Doing something as a hobby is not the same as doing it as a job. You may love to play the guitar, but you may not enjoy teaching it. You could love to write, but may not necessarily like to write essays for topics you don’t have an interest in. This is an important step in the process.
Step 4: Pick a realistic option
Now, there is only one final thing left in the process. Do a reality check. Determine if the options you have on hand now are actually something that will make you money. Or on the other hand, if it will allow you to pursue your passion! It should essentially be doing either one of the two. Also, take into consideration the amount of time you have to invest in your side hustle before you begin. If your skills are not quite the best options at the moment, choose to go in for micro-investing, or selling and other options that don’t require your complete effort and time!
Once you finish, you should have an answer to what side hustle fits you the best!
Where Can I Sell These Services?
Due to the lockdown, our options are limited to online platforms. But we all know better than to believe the misconception that finding jobs on social media is difficult. It might take a little bit of time, but the choices are limitless. Just ensure that the sites you use are reputed to avoid payment frauds. Always use trusted modes of payment, and be aware and alert. Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer are some good sites finding freelance jobs. You could also check out Udemy, Coursera, or Skooli for tutoring gigs. In case you choose to translate/to transcribe, TranscribeME, Go Transcribe and Rev are good options. These are just a few of the options you could check out.
How to Make My First Sale?
If you’ve gotten past the signing up part, chances are that you are bound to make some extra cash very soon. But here are a few more tips for you to land the perfect part-time job quickly!
- Create Amazing Content: Whatever niche you select, creating amazing content is the first step to generate credibility. Quora, Instagram, or Facebook are a great option to display your content. Choose one platform depending on your target market and niche. Your initial followers can be prospective clients.
- A good pitch: When you create a profile or send an email pitching to a potential client, pay close attention to the details. Do good research about the client and offer the skill you have, in a manner that will suit them the best. Keep in mind – they must feel that they need you, more than you need them!
- A good portfolio: Depending on the type of job, it’s a good idea to have a portfolio of your work. This is especially necessary if you are entering the art, design, and other such creative areas. A good portfolio goes a long way in creating a great first impression!
- Sell yourself: This is an extremely crucial step to land a good job. If you undersell yourself, you may not get good pay, or you may lose the opportunity itself. You should come across as a confident person who believes in oneself and your skills! Market yourself like never before!
- Quote prices appropriately: Several websites allow you to set your own prices for the service you offer. In such cases always do a quick analysis. Find out the prices charged by other good freelancers. Compare their skills and experience against yours, and then decide your rates. In the end, it’s up to you to determine how much you believe your skill will sell for!
Now all that’s left to do is start rolling, and watch your pockets weigh down!